This topic lists the Cloud SIEM data that is retained on the Sumo Logic platform and in Cloud SIEM, and the retention period for each type of data.
Sumo Logic platform
This table lists where, and for how long, different types of Cloud SIEM data are retained on the Sumo Logic platform.
|Raw logs||Raw logs reside in your Default Partition in Sumo Logic||The retention period defined for your Default Partition. This period is customer-configurable.|
|Records||Records (normalized logs) are stored in the partitions whose names begin with the string |
There is no additional charge for storage of Records.
|Signals||Stored in the |
There is no additional charge for storage of Signals.
There is a charge for storage of Insight-related data in the audit indexes. Note however the volume of data is typically very low compared to log ingestion levels.
|By default, these partitions have a retention period of 30 days. This period is customer-configurable.|
- Insights and Signals that are attached to Insights are retained in Cloud SIEM indefinitely.
- Signals that are not attached to Insights are retained in Cloud SIEM:
- For 30 days if suppressed.
- For 365 days if unsuppressed.
- Playbook and action executions are retained in Cloud SIEM for 2 years. For those that need to ensure HIPAA compliance, we delete the data after 7 years.
Custom retention periods
You can request retention periods different from those declared in the tables above, as long as the retention period requested is greater than 1 day and less than 5000 days.
In order to do that, open a Support ticket with your request.