Azure Synapse Analytics is an enterprise analytics service that accelerates time to insight across data warehouses and big data systems. It gives you the freedom to query data on your terms, using either serverless or dedicated resources—at scale. This integration helps in monitoring integrations in your Synapse workspaces, tracking resource utilization (memory, CPU, connections etc) and query load across Spark pools and dedicated SQL pools.
For Azure Synapse Analytics, you can collect the following logs:
- Workspace-level logs. Logs emitted by Azure Synapse Analytics workspaces.
- Dedicated SQL pool logs. Logs emitted by dedicated SQL pools.
- Apache Spark pool logs. Logs emitted by Apache Spark pools.
Azure service sends monitoring data to Azure Monitor, which can then stream data to Eventhub. Sumo Logic supports:
You must explicitly enable diagnostic settings for each Synapse workspace, dedicated SQL pool, or Apache Spark pool you want to monitor. You can forward logs to the same event hub provided they satisfy the limitations and permissions as described here.
When you configure the event hubs source or HTTP source, plan your source category to ease the querying process. A hierarchical approach allows you to make use of wildcards. For example:
Configure logs collection
In this section, you will configure a pipeline for shipping diagnostic logs from Azure Monitor to an Event Hub.
- To set up the Azure Event Hubs cloud-to-cloud source in Sumo Logic portal, refer to our Azure Event Hubs source documentation.
- To create the Diagnostic settings in Azure portal, refer to the Azure documentation.
Stream to an event hubas the destination.
- Use the Event hub namespace and Event hub name configured in previous step in destination details section. You can use the default policy
RootManageSharedAccessKeyas the policy name.
You must explicitly enable diagnostic settings for Synapse workspace, dedicated SQL pool, or Apache Spark pool you want to monitor.
Azure Event Hubs Source
Common error types are described here.
You can try restarting the source for