NeoLoad is a solution for continuous performance testing software to automate API and application load testing. You can use a webhook in the NeoLoad platform to forward NeoLoad Web events to the Sumo Logic HTTP endpoint. Using these logs, you can monitor the web events in Sumo Logic. For more details, refer to the NeoLoad Documentation.
The Sumo Logic integration for NeoLoad ingests web events into Sumo Logic through an outgoing webhook available in NeoLoad. For more information on supported events that are ingested through the NeoLoad webhook, see the NeoLoad Documentation.
This section has instructions for collecting logs for the Sumo Logic NeoLoad webhook collection.
Follow the below steps to configure the Hosted Collector to receive NeoLoad events:
- In the Sumo Logic portal, create a new Hosted Collector or use an existing one.
- Then add a HTTP Logs and Metrics Source.
- Configure Source Category in the HTTP Source - for example,
webhook/neoload- for the NeoLoad integration.
- Expand Advanced Options for Logs (Optional) section in the HTTP Source, then uncheck the Multiline Processing option and check One Message Per Request.
- Copy and save the endpoint URL of the source.
Users must be workspace administrators to access the webhooks.
Configure the webhook integration in NeoLoad to send events to the Sumo Logic HTTP source. Once configured, it will be triggered each time the events occur within your NeoLoad account.
Follow the steps to configure the NeoLoad webhook.
- Sign in to the NeoLoad account.
- In the left navigation panel, click Settings and select the Workspaces tab.
- Select the Webhooks tab. Click Create a Webhook. The webhook form appears.
- Enter webhook form data as follows:
- Event. Select the Test started option to send the payload when a test starts or the Test ended option when a test is finished.
- NAME. Provide a name for your webhook.
- URL. Enter the Sumo Logic HTTP endpoint URL (source address) created above.
- Payload. See the sample body payload below. For more details check NeoLoad Documentation.
"fallback": "Required plain-text summary of the attachment.",
"author_name": "NeoLoad Web",
"title": "Details of test '$(test_result_name)'",
"Test Name": "$(test_settings_name)",
"Start Date": "$(test_result_start_date)",
"Quality Status": "$(test_result_quality_status)",
"Max # of VUs": "$(test_result_max_nb_vus)",
"Workspace ID": "$(workspace_id)",
"Workspace Name": "$(workspace_name)",
"footer": "Sent by NeoLoad Web",
- Click Save.
- Verify NeoLoad events are getting ingested in Sumo Logic by executing the following query on Sumo Logic's Log Search panel.