Split is a feature delivery platform that combines the quick and dependable nature of feature flags with data-driven insights to assess the effects of each feature. You can use a webhook in the Split platform to forward activities related events to the Sumo Logic HTTP endpoint. Using these logs, you can monitor user activities, admin changes in the tools used by the whole team, and impressions in Sumo Logic. For more details, refer to the Split Documentation.
The Sumo Logic integration for Split ingests Split events into Sumo Logic through an outgoing webhook available in Split. The following event types are ingested through the Split webhook:
- Audit logs
- Admin audit logs
This section has instructions for collecting logs for the Sumo Logic Split webhook collection.
Follow the below steps to configure the Hosted Collector to receive Split events.
- In the Sumo Logic portal, create a new Hosted Collector or use an existing one. Then add an HTTP Logs and Metrics Source.
- Configure Source Category in the HTTP Source - for example,
webhook/split- for the Split integration.
- Copy and save the endpoint URL of the source.
Configure the webhook integration in Split to send events to the Sumo Logic HTTP source. Once configured, it will be triggered each time the events occur within your Split account.
Follow the below steps to configure the Split webhook.
- Sign in to your Split account.
- Switch to Admin settings.
- Click Integrations from Integration settings section.
- Click Add next to Outgoing Webhook for any of above mentioned event types. The webhook form will appear.
- Enter webhook form data as follows:
- URL. Enter the Sumo Logic HTTP Source Address created above.
- For Outgoing Webhook of type impressions and audit logs,
- Environments. Select the environment in Split from which data should be sent.
- Click Save.
- Verify Split events are getting ingested in Sumo Logic by executing the following query on Sumo Logic's Log Search panel.