App Central provides apps to help you be more productive in the Automation Service. From here, you can search and add new integrations with all the needed components.
To use App Central, you must have the following role capabilities:
- View Cloud SOAR
- App Central
- App Central
For more information on role capabilities needed to use the Automation Service, see Configure role capabilities.
View App Central
To view App Central, access the Automation Service and click App Central in the left navigation bar.
App Central UI
- Playbooks. Click to view playbooks in App Central that are available to install.
- Integrations. Click to view integrations in App Central that are available to install.
- Search. Search for integrations or playbooks to install.
- Current hour actions count. Shows how many playbook actions have been executed in the current hour in your organization. The actions limit is set to 50 per hour by default to prevent abuse of system resources or runaway processes. For more information, see Actions limit.
- Download. Click to install an integration or install a playbook.
Integrations in App Central
Integrations are connectors to applications from industry-leading network and security vendors. Resources in the integrations provide the actions run by Playbooks. While Integrations in the Automation Service UI shows the integrations installed to your environment, the Integrations tab in App Central shows you additional integrations you can install.
Install an integration from App Central
- Use the Search bar in the upper right of the Integrations tab to find integrations.
- Click Download in the lower left corner of the integration box.
- Click Install to install the integration. After installation is complete, Installed replaces the Download link in the corner of the integration box.
- IMPORTANT: Click Show More in the integration box to see if there are additional steps you need to follow to configure the installed integration. Failure to perform these additional steps may result in the integration not working properly.
Update an integration from App Central
Integrations in App Central display a version number. The version indicates when there is a change to the integration. If a newer version of an installed integration is available, you can update the integration from App Central by clicking Update.
Playbooks in App Central
A playbook is a predefined set of actions and conditional statements that run in an automated workflow to respond to a certain event or incident type.
While Playbooks in the Automation Service UI show the playbooks installed to your environment, the Playbooks tab in App Central shows you additional playbooks you can install.
Install a playbook from App Central
- Use the Search bar in the upper right of the Playbooks tab to find playbooks.
- Click Download in the corner of the playbook box.
- Click Next.
- Click Install to install the playbook.
- Click Close. After installation is complete, Installed replaces the Download link in the corner of the playbook box.
- IMPORTANT: Click Show More in the playbook box to see if there are additional steps you need to follow to configure the installed playbook. Failure to perform these additional steps may result in the playbook not working properly.