The Asana Audit Logs API Integration ingests events from Asana Audit Logs API. Asana can help you to break down large work into manageable tasks. It's a comprehensive work management tool that allows you to track project and task progress, share files, comments, and notes, and keep track of deadlines.
- Only Service Accounts in Enterprise Domains can access audit log API endpoints.
- Your Service account's Personal Access Token (PAT) is required.
The Asana Audit Logs Integration fetches audit logs every 5 mins using GetAuditLogs source.
Setup and Configuration
Follow the below steps to get the required fields for user configuration:
- Log in to your Asana Enterprise Account.
- After logging in, click the Apps tab from with your admin console.
- Click Service accounts.
- Click the Add service account button.
- Refer to the below image for the same:
- Copy the Personal Access Token (PAT) from here for further use.
- Click Save changes to save the PAT token for your service account.
- Inspect the URL and parse the workspace ID of your service account.
The Asana integration Source is a device security platform that discover devices, tracks behavior, detects threats, and takes action to protect your business. When you create an Asana Source, it goes through the following stages:
- Pending. Once the Source is submitted, it is validated, stored, and placed in a Pending state.
- Started. A collection task is created on the Hosted Collector.
- Initialized. The task configuration is complete in Sumo Logic.
- Authenticated. The Source successfully authenticated with Asana.
- Collecting. The Source is actively collecting data from Asana.
If the Source has any issues during any one of these states, it is placed in an Error state.
When you delete the Source, it is placed in a Stopping state. When it has successfully stopped, it is deleted from your Hosted Collector. On the Collection page, the Health and Status for Sources is displayed. You can click the text in the Health column, such as Error, to open the issue in Health Events to investigate.
Create Asana Source
When you create an Asana Source, you add it to a Hosted Collector. Before creating the Source, identify the Hosted Collector you want to use or create a new Hosted Collector. For instructions, see Configure a Hosted Collector.
To configure an Asana Source:
- In Sumo Logic, select Manage Data > Collection > Collection.
- On the Collection page, click Add Source next to a Hosted Collector.
- Search for and select Asana.
- Enter a Name for the Source. The description is optional.
- (Optional) For Source Category, enter any string to tag the output collected from the Source. Category metadata is stored in a searchable field called
- (Optional) Fields. Click the +Add button to define the fields you want to associate. Each field needs a name (key) and value.
- A green circle with a check mark is shown when the field exists in the Fields table schema.
- An orange triangle with an exclamation point is shown when the field doesn't exist in the Fields table schema. In this case, an option to automatically add the nonexistent fields to the Fields table schema is provided. If a field is sent to Sumo Logic that does not exist in the Fields schema it is ignored, known as dropped.
- Enter the Personal Access Token (PAT) from the Asana platform.
- Enter the unique workspace ID for the users service account.
When Sumo Logic detects an issue it is tracked by Health Events. The following table shows the three possible error types, the reason for the error, if the source attempts to retry, and the name of the event log in the Health Event Index.
|Type||Reason||Retries||Retry Behavior||Health Event Name|
|ThirdPartyConfig||Normally due to an invalid configuration. You'll need to review your Source configuration and make an update.||No retries are attempted until the Source is updated.||Not applicable||ThirdPartyConfigError|
|ThirdPartyGeneric||Normally due to an error communicating with the third-party service APIs.||Yes||The Source will retry indefinitely.||ThirdPartyGenericError|
|FirstPartyGeneric||Normally due to an error communicating with the internal Sumo Logic APIs.||Yes||The Source will retry indefinitely.||FirstPartyGenericError|
Restarting your Source
If your Source encounters ThirdPartyConfig errors, you can restart it from either the Sumo Logic UI or Sumo Logic API.
To restart your source in the Sumo Logic platform, follow the steps below:
- Open the Collection page, and go to Manage Data > Collection > Collection.
- Select the source and click the information icon on the right side of the row.
- The API usage information popup is displayed. Click the Restart Source button on the bottom left.
- Click Confirm to send the restart request.
- The bottom left of the platform will provide a notification informing you the request was successful.
To restart your source using the Sumo Management API, follow the instructions below:
- Example endpoint:
Sumo Logic endpoints like
api.sumologic.com are different in deployments outside
us1. For example, an API endpoint in Europe would begin
api.eu.sumologic.com. A service endpoint in
us2 (Western U.S.) would begin
service.us2.sumologic.com. For more information, see Sumo Logic Endpoints.
Sources can be configured using UTF-8 encoded JSON files with the Collector Management API. See how to use JSON to configure Sources for details.
|JSON Object||Yes||Contains the configuration-parameters of the Source.||na|
|JSON Object||Yes||Use ||not modifiable|
|String||Yes||Use ||not modifiable|
|String||Yes||Type the desired name of the Source and it must be unique per Collector. This value is assigned to the ||modifiable|
|String||No||Type the description of the Source.||modifiable|
|String||No||Type the category of the source. This value is assigned to the metadata field ||modifiable|
|JSON Object||No||JSON map of key-value fields (metadata) to apply to the Collector or Source. Use the boolean field ||modifiable|
|String||Yes||Personal Access Token from the Asana platform.||modifiable|
|String||Yes||This will be the unique workspace id for the users service account.||modifiable|