The Code42 Incydr is an insider risk management solution that allows you to detect and respond to data exposure and exfiltration from corporate computer, cloud, and email systems. It provides the visibility, context, and controls needed to protect data without overwhelming security teams or inhibiting employee productivity.
Code42 Incydr source is used to analyze and fetch file events, alerts and audit logs from the Code42 Incydr API and send it to Sumo Logic.
The integration fetches Alerts, File Events, and Audit Logs (Audit Events) using the Incydr API.
Set up and Configuration
The Code42 Incydr source requires you to provide the Base URL, Client ID, and Secret Key to access the source data.
- The Base URL is used to retrieve the source data from the Incydr API. The domain used for making API requests can be determined using the domain you use to sign in to the Code42 console.
Make sure that all API requests are made using HTTPs.
- To generate the Client ID and Secret Key, follow the instructions mentioned in the Incydr API documentation.
Code42 Incydr source is a security platform that provides cloud-based security for data loss protection, backup, and recovery solutions. When you create an Code42 Incydr Source, it goes through the following stages:
- Pending. Once the Source is submitted, it is validated, stored, and placed in a Pending state.
- Started. A collection task is created on the Hosted Collector.
- Initialized. The task configuration is complete in Sumo Logic.
- Authenticated. The Source successfully authenticated with Code42 Incydr.
- Collecting. The Source is actively collecting data from Code42 Incydr.
If the Source has any issues during any one of these states, it is placed in an Error state.
When you delete the Source, it is placed in a Stopping state. When it has successfully stopped, it is deleted from your Hosted Collector. On the Collection page, the Health and Status for Sources is displayed. You can click the text in the Health column, such as Error, to open the issue in Health Events to investigate.
Create Code42 Incydr Source
When you create an Code42 Incydr source, you add it to a Hosted Collector. Before creating the source, identify the Hosted Collector you want to use or create a new Hosted Collector. For instructions, see Configure a Hosted Collector.
To configure a Code42 Incydr Source:
- In Sumo Logic, select Manage Data > Collection > Collection.
- On the Collection page, click Add Source next to a Hosted Collector.
- Search for and select Code42 Incydr.
- Enter a Name for the source. The description is optional.
- (Optional) For Source Category, enter any string to tag the output collected from the Source. Category metadata is stored in a searchable field called
- (Optional) Fields. Click the +Add button to define the fields you want to associate. Each field needs a name (key) and value.
- A green circle with a check mark is shown when the field exists in the Fields table schema.
- An orange triangle with an exclamation point is shown when the field doesn't exist in the Fields table schema. In this case, an option to automatically add the nonexistent fields to the Fields table schema is provided. If a field is sent to Sumo Logic that does not exist in the Fields schema it is ignored, known as dropped.
- In Base URL, select the domain from which you want to retrieve the source data from the Incydr API.
- In Client ID, enter the Client ID you generated from the Code42 Incydr platform.
- In Secret Key, enter the Secret Key you generated from the Code42 Incydr platform.
- In Data Collection, select the type of source from which you want to collect the data from. This allows you to limit the response to just the data you want.
When Sumo Logic detects an issue it is tracked by Health Events. The following table shows the three possible error types, the reason for the error, if the source attempts to retry, and the name of the event log in the Health Event Index.
|Type||Reason||Retries||Retry Behavior||Health Event Name|
|ThirdPartyConfig||Normally due to an invalid configuration. You'll need to review your Source configuration and make an update.||No retries are attempted until the Source is updated.||Not applicable||ThirdPartyConfigError|
|ThirdPartyGeneric||Normally due to an error communicating with the third-party service APIs.||Yes||The Source will retry indefinitely.||ThirdPartyGenericError|
|FirstPartyGeneric||Normally due to an error communicating with the internal Sumo Logic APIs.||Yes||The Source will retry indefinitely.||FirstPartyGenericError|
Restarting your Source
If your Source encounters ThirdPartyConfig errors, you can restart it from either the Sumo Logic UI or Sumo Logic API.
To restart your source in the Sumo Logic platform, follow the steps below:
- Open the Collection page, and go to Manage Data > Collection > Collection.
- Select the source and click the information icon on the right side of the row.
- The API usage information popup is displayed. Click the Restart Source button on the bottom left.
- Click Confirm to send the restart request.
- The bottom left of the platform will provide a notification informing you the request was successful.
To restart your source using the Sumo Management API, follow the instructions below:
- Example endpoint:
Sumo Logic endpoints like
api.sumologic.com are different in deployments outside
us1. For example, an API endpoint in Europe would begin
api.eu.sumologic.com. A service endpoint in
us2 (Western U.S.) would begin
service.us2.sumologic.com. For more information, see Sumo Logic Endpoints.
Sources can be configured using UTF-8 encoded JSON files with the Collector Management API. See JSON to configure Sources for details.
|JSON Object||Yes||Contains the configuration-parameters of the Source.||n/a|
|JSON Object||Yes||Use ||not modifiable|
|String||Yes||Use ||not modifiable|
|String||Yes||Type the desired name of the Source and it must be unique per Collector. This value is assigned to the ||modifiable|
|String||No||Type the description of the Source.||modifiable|
|String||No||Type the category of the source. This value is assigned to the metadata field ||modifiable|
|JSON Object||No||JSON map of key-value fields (metadata) to apply to the Collector or Source. Use the boolean field ||modifiable|
|String||Yes||API Key to used for Authorization.||modifiable|
|Boolean||No||Client ID generated from the Code42 Incydr platform.||modifiable|
|String||No||Secret Key generated secured from the Code42 Incydr platform.||modifiable|
|String||No||Type of source from which you want to collect the data from.||modifiable|
After configuring your source, you should check the status of the source in the Collectors page > Status column. If the source is not functioning as expected, you may see an error next to the Source Category column as shown below:
To resolve these errors:
- Make sure the Base URL matches your domain.
- Make sure correct Client ID or Secret Key is used to configure the source.