Grafana OnCall is an open source incident response management tool built to help teams improve their collaboration and resolve incidents faster. You can use a webhook in the Grafana OnCall platform to forward critical alert group events to the Sumo Logic HTTP endpoint. Using these logs, you can monitor the entire spectrum of alert group actions, encompassing the creation, escalation status, user acknowledgments, resolution status, and user-initiated silence events in Sumo Logic. For more details, refer to the Grafana OnCall Documentation.
The Sumo Logic integration for Grafana OnCall ingests alert group-related events into Sumo Logic through an outgoing webhook available in Grafana OnCall. For more information on supported events that are ingested through the Grafana OnCall webhook, see the Grafana OnCall Documentation.
This section has instructions for collecting logs for the Sumo Logic Grafana OnCall webhook collection.
Follow the below steps to configure the Hosted Collector to receive Grafana OnCall events:
- In the Sumo Logic portal, create a new Hosted Collector or use an existing one. Then add an HTTP Logs and Metrics Source.
- Configure Source Category in the HTTP Source - for example,
webhook/grafanaoncall- for the Grafana OnCall integration.
- Copy and save the endpoint URL of the source.
Configure the webhook integration in Grafana OnCall to send events to the Sumo Logic HTTP source. Once configured, it will be triggered each time the events occur within your Grafana OnCall account.
Follow the steps to configure the Grafana OnCall webhook.
- Sign in to the Grafana Cloud account.
- Under Alerts and IRM section move to OnCall option.
- Under this go to Outgoing Webhooks.
- Click Create webhook. The webhook form appears.
- Enter webhook form data as follows:
- Enabled. Enable this option to trigger the webhook.
- Trigger Type. The type of event which will cause this webhook to execute.
- HTTP Method. Choose POST.
- Webhook URL. Enter the Sumo Logic HTTP endpoint URL (source address) created above.
- Forward All. Enable this option to send the entire webhook payload of the alert group and context data to the webhook's URL.
- Click Create Webhook.
- Verify Grafana OnCall alerts are getting ingested in Sumo Logic by executing the following query on Sumo Logic's Log Search panel.