Azure App Service Plan defines a set of compute resources for a app service to run. This integration helps in monitoring memory, CPU, incoming and outgoing bandwidth, number of sockets and their states across all the instances of the plan.
Log and Metric types
For Azure App Service Plan, you can collect the following metrics:
- Platform Metrics for Azure App Service Plan. These metrics are available in Microsoft.Web/serverfarms namespace. For more information on supported metrics, refer to the Azure documentation. App Service plan metrics are available only for plans in Basic, Standard, and Premium tiers.
Azure service sends monitoring data to Azure Monitor, which can then stream data to Eventhub. Sumo Logic supports:
- Logs collection from Azure Monitor using our Azure Event Hubs source.
- Metrics collection using our HTTP Logs and Metrics source via Azure Functions deployed using the ARM template.
You must explicitly enable diagnostic settings for each Azure App Service plan you want to monitor. You can forward logs to the same event hub provided they satisfy the limitations and permissions as described here.
When you configure the event hubs source or HTTP source, plan your source category to ease the querying process. A hierarchical approach allows you to make use of wildcards. For example:
Configure metrics collection
In this section, you will configure a pipeline for shipping metrics from Azure Monitor to an Event Hub, on to an Azure Function, and finally to an HTTP Source on a hosted collector in Sumo Logic.
- Configure an HTTP Source.
- Configure and deploy the ARM Template.
- Export metrics to Event Hub. Perform below steps for each Azure App Service plan that you want to monitor.
Stream to an event hubas destination.
- Use the Event hub namespace created by the ARM template in Step 2 above. You can create a new Event hub or use the one created by ARM template. You can use the default policy
RootManageSharedAccessKeyas the policy name.
HTTP Logs and Metrics Source used by Azure Functions
To troubleshoot metrics collection, follow the instructions in Collect Metrics from Azure Monitor > Troubleshooting metrics collection.