The Sumo Logic app for Alert Logic provides enhanced security operations by seamlessly combining the capabilities of Alert Logic's incident detection and response with Sumo Logic's advanced log management and analytics platform. This powerful integration allows you to gain comprehensive insights into your security landscape, detect potential threats, and respond effectively to security incidents.
Key features of the Alert Logic app include:
- Real-time Threat Visibility. Consolidate and visualize Alert Logic incident data alongside other relevant logs in Sumo Logic, providing a unified view of your security posture.
- Incident Analysis. Correlate Alert Logic incident data with other log sources to identify patterns, anomalies, and potential attack vectors.
- Custom Dashboards. Create tailored dashboards and visualizations to monitor specific Alert Logic incident types, threat trends, and security metrics.
- Proactive Threat Hunting. Leverage Sumo Logic's advanced search capabilities to proactively hunt for signs of compromise across your environment using Alert Logic incident data.
- Incident Response Collaboration. Enable cross-functional teams to collaborate efficiently by sharing relevant incident data from Alert Logic within the Sumo Logic platform.
- Automation and Orchestration. Build automated workflows and triggers based on Alert Logic incident data to streamline incident response processes.
- Enhanced Security Insights. Gain deeper insights into your security landscape by analyzing Alert Logic incidents to elevate your security posture, accelerate incident response, and effectively protect your organization against evolving threats
- Rapid Incident Detection. Leverage real-time correlation and alerts, to quickly detect and respond to potential security threats.
- Improved Incident Response. Empower your security teams to respond effectively to incidents by providing them with a holistic view of threat data and streamlined collaboration tools.
- Customizable Monitoring. Tailor the Alert Logic dashboard to your organization's security requirements to monitor the most relevant threat vectors.
- Scalable Threat Hunting. Scale your threat-hunting efforts by leveraging Sumo Logic's powerful search capabilities to hunt for threats across large volumes of data.
This app uses Sumo Logic’s Alert Logic webhook to collect Incident Events from the Alert Logic Platform.
Sample log messages
Refer to Alert Logic guide for sample Incident Payload.
| json "extra.status", "extra.class", "incident.threatRating", "updatetime_str", "victim", "attacker", "incident.recommendations", "incident.description","incident.summary", "incidentId", "asset_deployment_type", "customer", "accountId" as status, incident_class, threat_rating, timestamp, victim, attacker, recommendations, description, summary, incident_id, deployment_name, customer_name, account_id nodrop
| json "extra.target_host", "extra.investigation_report", "extra.class", "extra.incidentUrl", "mitre_classification[*].technique", "mitre_classification[*].tactic" as target_host, investigation_report, incident_class, incident_url, mitre_technique, mitre_tactic nodrop
| json field=attacker "ip" as attacker_ip
| json field=_raw "attacker_country_name" as attacker_location
Set up collection
Installing the Alert Logic app
This section has instructions for installing the Sumo Logic app for Alert Logic.
To install the app:
- From the Sumo Logic nav, select App Catalog.
- Search for and select your app.
- (Optional) To see a preview of the dashboards included with the app, scroll down to the Dashboard Preview section.
- If the app has multiple versions - not all apps do - select the version of the service you're using, then click Add Integration.
- On the next configuration page, under Select Data Source for your App, complete the following fields:
- Data Source. Select one of the following options:
- Choose Source Category and select a source category from the list; or
- Choose Enter a Custom Data Filter, and enter a custom source category beginning with an underscore. For example,
- Folder Name. You can retain the existing name or enter a custom name of your choice for the app.
- All Folders (optional). Default location is the Personal folder in your Library. If desired, you can choose a different location and/or click New Folder to add it to a new folder.
- Data Source. Select one of the following options:
- Click Next.
- You'll see a dialog confirming that the app was installed successfully.
Once an app is installed, it will appear in your Personal folder, or other folder that you specified. From here, you can share it with your organization.
Panels will start to fill automatically. It's important to note that each panel slowly fills with data matching the time range query and received since the panel was created. Results won't be available immediately, but within 20 minutes, you'll see full graphs and maps.
Viewing Alert Logic dashboards
All dashboards have a set of filters that you can apply to the entire dashboard. Use these filters to drill down and examine the data to a granular level.
- You can change the time range for a dashboard or panel by selecting a predefined interval from a drop-down list, choosing a recently used time range, or specifying custom dates and times. Learn more.
- If required, configure the refresh interval rate for a dashboard or panel by clicking the drop-down arrow next to the refresh icon.
- Click the funnel icon in the dashboard top menu bar to filter dashboard with Template Variables.
The Alert Logic - Overview dashboard provides a holistic view of your organization's cybersecurity landscape crafted to elevate your security operations. This dashboard empowers you with comprehensive insights into incidents, enabling the detection of potential threats and the execution of efficient responses to security incidents.